Join us for the Minnesota Council on Disability (MCD) 2022 Virtual Legislative Forum.
Date: Thursday, January 13th, 2022
Time: 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Location: Link to attend Zoom Virtual Meeting
Meeting ID: 161 1831 9524
Call in with your phone! Dial by your location:
- +1 551 285 1373 US (Main)
- +1 669 254 5252 US (Alternative #1)
- +1 646 828 7666 US (Alternative #2)
One tap mobile:
- +15512851273,,16118319524# US (General)
- +16692545252,,16118319524# US (Alternative #1)
- +16468287666,,16118319524# US (Alternative #2)
Legislative Forum Program
Program subject to change.
- Welcome from MCD Council Chair and Executive Director
- Opening remarks from Governor Tim Walz and Lt. Governor Peggy Flanagan
- MCD Legislative Agenda by MCD Public Policy Director
- Remarks from Speaker of the House Melissa Hortman
- Legislative Panel: House of Representatives
- Remarks from Senate Majority Leader Jeremy Miller
- Legislative Panel: Senate
- Public Comment
About the Legislative Forum
Public policy plays a significant role in all our lives, but people with disabilities are more often directly affected – and negatively affected -by policy decisions. Will a new policy:
- Limit their ability to get around the community?
- Limit their opportunities for employment?
- Limit their options for home care support?
Uninformed policy often has unintended consequences.
The 2022 Virtual Legislative Forum is an opportunity for MCD to present our priorities for the next legislative session. We’ve invited legislators to share with the community how they plan to promote these agenda items. Review our 2022 Public Policy Agenda (PDF) before attending the event.
CART and ASL service provided. ASL interpretation provided by a Certified Deaf Interpreter (CDI). Event Interpreting Services Coordination: Email Maria Dively-Rodriguez