Join us for the Minnesota Council on Disability 2022 Virtual Legislative Forum.
Date: Thursday, January 13th, 2022
Time: 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Location: We are holding the event over Zoom and will publish the link as the date nears.
Public policy plays a significant role in all our lives, but people with disabilities are more often directly affected – and negatively affected -by policy decisions. Will a new policy:
- Limit their ability to get around the community?
- Limit their opportunities for employment?
- Limit their options for home care support?
Uninformed policy often has unintended consequences.
The MCD 2022 Virtual Legislative Forum is an opportunity for the disability community to share what they want the Legislature to accomplish in this session. It is also an opportunity for legislators to share how they plan to promote this legislative agenda.
Share your ideas and concerns with state Senators and members of the state House of Representatives who are committed to disability rights and inclusion.
Tentative Agenda (subject to change)
- Welcome from MCD Council Chair and Executive Director
- Opening remarks from the Governor and Lt. Governor
- MCD Legislative Agenda by MCD Public Policy Director
- Legislative Panel: House of Representatives
- Legislative Panel: Senate
- Public Comment
We will provide CART and ASL. Contact Trevor Turner at 651-350-8642 (phone or text message) or email Trevor to request additional accommodations. We will do our best to accommodate all requests, even with short notice.
The Legislative Forum is just one of our public policy initiatives. We work year-round to promote policy that benefits Minnesotans with disabilities. Some of these efforts include:
- Expanding employment opportunities for people with disabilities,
- Updating and modernizing disability laws in state statute,
- Protecting access to and availability of disability services provided by the state, and
- Collaborating with state agencies and non-profits to advance disability rights.